Quell Memento

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
darkwing_uop
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: darkwing75

Quell Memento, the zen puzzle game from the makers of Quell, launches on PS Vita in April.

Quell Memento is made by Fallen Tree Games, the Nottingham-based studio formed by two former Free Radical Design and Crytek developers, Joe Moulding and Lewis Boadle.

It follows Quell and Quell Reflect, for iOS and Android.

"Due to our industry day jobs, we relied largely on word-of-mouth to build a community around these puzzle games," Boadle told Eurogamer.

"Fortunately, they have both been very well received by players, so finally last year we decided to take the plunge and go full-time!"

Set within an old abandoned house, Quell Memento is a logic-based puzzle game with a simple sliding droplet mechanic. The player restores order to jumbled memories and in doing so discovers game-play variations. A video is below.

We quite liked Quell, which Kristan Reed described as a "raindrop puzzler" in his 8/10 review from 2010.

"Set in a series of hazard-strewn environments, Quell asks you to collect all the pearls in the shortest number of moves without busting up your delicate raindrop. Although it moves in the direction of your swipe, the raindrop doesn't stop until it hits a wall - or bursts against a spiky obstacle."