Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (TitS Second Chapter)

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Holy shi...1000 characters?! WTF. Uhhh...I seriously need to rethink that... Ang hirap pa is magagamit mo lang sya for watching/playing JP merchandises.. Di sya useful sa pakikipagusap kasi nasa Pinas ka. Not unless mag-migrate ka ng Jap. Practice of a language involves not only the words per se, but also the culture and history behind it. Sa case mo, may Chinese literacy ka na, and culture to boot so it won't be as hard as understanding JP.

Hay... Grabe. I need a personal tutor for learning JP. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PSN ID: raito_yagami20 (Add me up!)
Pokemon X FC: 3024-5868-4191
Steel Type: Magneton, Klang, Klefki
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

^
Yep, 1000 kanjis. Tis the bitter truth. I've always thought that whoever invented or mandated the use of kanji was some sort of sado-masochist or a show-off, especially when everything can be expressed in hiragana and katakana. Why the hell make it so hard? Koreans certainly thought so when they invented hangul, thanks to that one smart king they had...Sejong the Great, was it?
PS3 Slim Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Limited Edition 250GB
Ar Tonelico Qoga R2, FFXIII R3
PS Vita Value Pack 4GB (Black)
Persona 4 Golden R1, DJ Max Technika Tune R3
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Hmm..pero sa pagkakaalala ko sure na ata na lalabas sa PSP na translated yung SC eh. TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION pangatlo nga lang yung prob. Oh, pati rin pala Trails of Blue and Trails of Zero. Pero at least, sana matapos naman yung up until Third Chapter. Imba talaga yung plot-content nito eh. Ngayon nalang talaga ako ulit ngenjoy sa RPG sa Sony-based game console ever since FFX (maraming RPGs na magaganda sa DS eh haha).
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

^
Regarding Ao no Kiseki, I think the game received 200k pre-orders in japan. Sana naman enough incentive na yun for localization. If only america weren't so damn hung up on shooters and adventure games, not that I hate those games or anything but I just don't like the fact that the average american gamer sometimes act like only shooters and GTA-like games are worthy buys.
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

200k?! Astig ah. For a small developer like Falcom, milestone yun. Pre-orders palang panalo na.

As for the FPSes, I think its currently the Golden Era of that genre. Sa RPGs, especially JRPGs, nagddilute na yung treatment nila from a decade ago. Ang naiiwan nalang, TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION RPG "elements" like leveling up and the like. Nadadagdagan na ng FPSes elements like shooters (ME) and heavily-action oriented. Gone are the days where turn-based are gods. Well, before din naman ng turn-based, pen-and-paper talaga ang origin ng RPG pero that's subject to another discussion.

Sa totoo lang, ginawa na nilang risk-aversion solution yung FPS sa west. If you need something to sell, make a shooter. Kaya yun na ang branding nila sa Occident ngayon eh. And true talaga yung average american gamer liking shooters. May nabasa nga ako sa isang forums, "Uhh..Final..what? Go play COD you nerd"
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

^
regarding falcom, I'm absolutely clueless about this one. They basically pioneered and set the template for the action rpg genre with YS and they're still something of a relative unknown and a "small" developer. Certainly one of the mysteries in the world. I'm really glad about the success they're getting now. Certainly one of the rare breed of developers who focus on substance, story ,and content instead of flashy graphics. They basically created a whole new universe endless possibilities with the sora no kiseki trilogy and Ao/Zero no Kiseki AND we've only just scratched the surface,even with 4 games out and 1 more game slated to come out. We are nowhere near done, we have yet to learn all we can about the crime organization of Ouroboros. Kinda like the Suikoden Universe where there are still a lot more stories to learn and find out, and speaking of Suikoden... WE NEED A SIXTH INSTALLMENT!!! What the hell is Konami doing? Talk about not milking a cash cow. There are a lot of companies who can only wish they had a franchise like Suikoden.
Phantom chaos
Double Dragon
Double Dragon
PSN ID: phantom_chaos69

kakabili ko lang nang game na ito,mukhang sulit bili ko ah.magaganda mga comment niyo about this game e.mukhang puyatan moments ulit. :lol:
please do listen to us : http://mnoradio.webs.com/
cause I'm MR. Brightside. :facepalm:

PSN ID(HK): phantom_chaos69
PSN ID(US): phantomchaos2514

KUHA MO?!
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Phantom chaos wrote:kakabili ko lang nang game na ito,mukhang sulit bili ko ah.magaganda mga comment niyo about this game e.mukhang puyatan moments ulit. :lol:
You won't be disappointed, not with the story at least. Have fun!
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

@martiansoshifan, Well, Falcom is a relatively small company if I remember. I can't show financial statements to back that up 'cause I can't understand Japanese, but I read some news about articles claiming Falcom is still small. Either way, they already got me as a fan and I'll definitely watch their progress in the JRPG scene.

As for Suikoden...well... a friendly advice. I suggest to stay away from the GameFaqs boards. People there are pure contradiction. They hate people spamming "Where is Suikoden VI KONAMI?!" but when agreed with that the franchise is done for, they'll tell you that "Who the hell told you that? Only Konami can state that as a fact."...or something along those lines.

Though, I agree na we still need the 6th installment. Ever since Murayama left Konami, the game is going backwards. There are still unlimited possibilities to consider. Like the remaining True Runes out of the 27. The meeting of the current True Rune holders. What happened to Luc? Who the hell really is Hikusaak? All of those stopped at S3.

Sorry OT. Maganda rin kasing topic ang Suikoden eh :lol:.

@Phantom chaos, dude, worth yang buy mo. If you love "old-school" plot-oriented JRPGs, the best yan this gen na translated. I'm on my 2nd playthrough right now. Didn't know na meron palang mga hidden quests. And na may impact kapag nakumpleto yung mga quests sa SC.

PS: Medyo ingat sa spoilers mga kaibigan. Hahaha.
martiansoshifan
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

I loved the game and was very impressed ,especially with the story but I never realized that game critics also shared that opinion. I just got over the reviews and they were really laying on the praise. 80% meta-rating on metacrtic, that's nice for a sleeper hit but I do think that it got screwed over by 2 reviewers who went "Simon Cowell" on the game. In comparison, Birth By Sleep got 82, Crisis Core got 83 and MonHun Freedom unite got 81.
KasaiRinkai
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Matagal na akong hindi bumabalik sa thread na ito. Parehas tayo ng mga comments sa game, "maganda" at "ilabas na ang SC", haha! :grin:

Naadik din ako dito, lalo na dun sa final two chapters. Halos 6-9 hours kada araw yung nawawala sa kakalaro ko nito. Buti wala kaming pasok nun :sweat: Maganda kasi yung story, lalo na yung characters...

...walang tatalo kay Olivier :bigmouth:

Still hoping na ma-release yung SC in less than 2 years. Mahirap maghintay kung ngayon pa lang ay excited na.

@L_kira: It comes with a soundtrack CD, a Bracer Guild replica badge, the game's poster, and the UMD.
Senior Bracer - Rank B+
PSN: maxfriedchicken
Switch friend code: 5789-2019-7781
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Soybomb wrote:Matagal na akong hindi bumabalik sa thread na ito. Parehas tayo ng mga comments sa game, "maganda" at "ilabas na ang SC", haha! :grin:

Naadik din ako dito, lalo na dun sa final two chapters. Halos 6-9 hours kada araw yung nawawala sa kakalaro ko nito. Buti wala kaming pasok nun :sweat: Maganda kasi yung story, lalo na yung characters...

...walang tatalo kay Olivier :bigmouth:

Still hoping na ma-release yung SC in less than 2 years. Mahirap maghintay kung ngayon pa lang ay excited na.

@L_kira: It comes with a soundtrack CD, a Bracer Guild replica badge, the game's poster, and the UMD.
You sir, deserve a very big cookie. My only qualm about Olivier is his voice. I was totally expecting a "Kuja" from him. And as for the CE, gusto ko yung badge!!!
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Finally getting into this game..tagal ko na nadelay pag laro nito! A few hours into it and ngayon pa lang, Imma give this game a.... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: / :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: !

Hay...ang sarap maglaro ng pure JRPG lang talaga...i miss these kinds of games!
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Here's an extra thumbs up just for the heck of it. :2thumbs:
dim
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

Read this article guys. It's about the stressful nightmare the translators of Xseed suffered on translating TitS that has more than 1.5 million Japanese characters which is a mammoth task indeed:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... games.aspx
Can you imagine them translating SC which is twice the number of those Japanese characters?

Btw those empty chest jokes makes me :rofl: that even "I Am Error" is present.
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Goes to show that you don't need people with capacity-whose-able-to-do-multiple-projects-simultaneously-with-one-of-the-projects-announcing-it-5-years-ago-and-haven't-even-reach-the-full-production-stage to develop/publish a game with passion.
dim
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

^ But I still can't help but feel sorry to those translators doing such a mammoth task only to present it to us gamers. I know Xseed is a small company but still they need to hire additional translators.

Btw meet the Estelles!
Last edited by dim on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L_kira
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Yeah. I can't even begin to think about their mental capacity to do those in an extended period time for a very long time with the end being horrifyingly bleak...add the fact that they didn't even reached 10 people. I can't begin to think how much dread, sweat, swearing, caffeine, and bloodshot eyes this game took to bring to the West.

I love the editor's sense of humor though. Her choice of words are..eccentric to say the least, albeit a rather thought-provoking one in a light-hearted manner. You can see that all throughout the game. Which is impressive. Makes you want to read all the text in the game even those of little importance just to show my appreciation, i.e. NPCs who talks about weather or their child wanting to find a wife. :lol:

EDIT: Lol. ToVTits
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

I swear...Joshua sounds exactly like Lelouch.... :sweat:
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
dim
Motor Toon Grand Prix
Motor Toon Grand Prix

^ Never heard Lelouch's English voice but you're right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Yong_Bosch

My favorite empty chest joke:

And are you guys aware about the upcoming Trails In The Sky anime?