Darksiders 2 [PS3]

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Solemn_In_Berlin

-zechs- wrote:
leo_hwang88 wrote:They had a very limited edition for the first one it came in a bigger box with a set of poker cards and code I think exclusive to R3 only maybe they will do something like that again this time? Unfortunately I missed out on the first one this time I definitely will not :2thumbs:
.Oh Really? Nice!

.If Ever magkaroon ng CE ang DS2? Count Me In! :agree:
They should make a $300 CE with a high quality figurine of War.

:win: :bigmouth:
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
leo_hwang88
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan
PSN ID: JRH_88

lol $300 CE!! whoa thats the price of the PS Vita 3G model :sweat:
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

leo_hwang88 wrote:lol $300 CE!! whoa thats the price of the PS Vita 3G model :sweat:
Dirt 3 had it. RC car lang yung kasama.

Parang too much nga noh. :facepalm: Sige, baka $150 puwede na. :sweat:
Current Top 5:

Digimon World: Next Order - Torment: Tides of Numenera - The Endless Cylinder - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Persona 5

All Time Top 5:

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Dark Cloud 2 - Deus Ex - Final Fantasy VI - Bloodborne
leo_hwang88
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

Bad thing is you can't even find the limited edition on ebay anymore :facepalm:
Solemn_In_Berlin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

leo_hwang88 wrote:Bad thing is you can't even find the limited edition on ebay anymore :facepalm:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Darksiders-Playstat ... 410wt_1265
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40 ... Categories

Only problem is, the PS3 version is $98 and doesn't ship worldwide. Two PC Hellbook Eds are both worth than 25 quid though and can ship to the Philippines.
Current Top 5:

All Time Top 5:

big_boss_rj
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: big_b0ss_rj

Darksiders II Comic-Con 2011 Demo (PC)
http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6324742/

mukang maganda to ah. kelangan na malaro yung 1 nito. :2thumbs:
PSN ID: big_b0ss_rj

XBL Gamertag: BigBossRj

Currently playing: ...

[RP]
bigboi
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: dBigBoiXperienz

sana i-up nila ng todo graphics man lang... :mrgreen:
PSN: BiggieBoi-
Steam: BigBoi_
Battle.net BiggieBoi#1600
https://www.playfire.com/BiggieBoi
Geofffffff7
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Geofffffff7

DEATH lives VGA 2011 teaser trailer! :2thumbs:

Geofffffff7
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Behind the Mask trailer! :win:

definitely my most anticipated game this year :2thumbs:
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Fed_05

Behind The Scenes Look at Darksiders 2
THE BUZZ: For Darksiders II, Death is taking center stage—and he’s bringing a new variety of gameplay and combat elements with him.

EGM’s TAKE: There’s always a level of risk involved when making a sequel to a popular game and changing the main character in the process, so I give Vigil Games credit for moving Darksiders II to focus on a new character (Death) versus the main character from the original (War).

In this developer diary video, some of the folks behind Darksiders II talk about not only what that change in protagonists will mean for players, but also point out some other ways in which the ideas behind the game have evolved and expanded over the original.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/a-b ... siders-ii/

The vid is on the Link :agree:

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
Essej_
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Essej_

and daming lumalabas na magagandang games... :facepalm:
PSN: Essej_
edrian34
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: CardinalMan

natutuwa ako sa tagline nila.. hahaha.. siguro oras na para humiram nito nung part1.. :bigmouth:
Stop destroying our planet. It's where I keep all my stuff.

Certified Mapùan

PSN-- CardinalMan

http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/CardinalMan
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/ca/r/C ... n/card.png
Chum
Beyond the Beyond
Beyond the Beyond

Unang platinum trophy ko yung Darksiders 1. Nagustuhan ko kasi talaga. Ala-N64 Zelda ang gameplay.
Sure buy sa akin ito kapag narelease na. :cheer:
US PSN ID: JustinFVG
US 3DS FC: 0834-1249-7628
US Wii U NNID: JustinFVG
D3/WoW US Dreadmaul: Dyasteen#1970
PSNomad
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: jpodg27

Kahit improve nalang nila yung jaggies and framerate tapos retain na yung comic-style na graphics. :2thumbs:
[RP] jpodg27

"No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:1
Geofffffff7
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Clestcruz
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: clestcruz

Can't wait anymore haha :3
leo_hwang88
Krazy Ivan
Krazy Ivan

Whew thanks guys for all the updates. :agree: Can't wait for this my most anticipated game this year hope we get a release date soon and a nice CE for this! :pray: :win:
MegamanX
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter: The Movie
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX

mga sometime June pa release?
PSN ID: MegaZeroXX (HK) / Mega_ZeroXX (US)
Fed_05
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Gameinformer's Preview: Darksiders 2

Facing Death in Darksiders II

THQ and developer Vigil Games are serious about the portrayal of Death as a character. How serious? In a recent event for the upcoming Darksiders II, festivities were kicked off not with a demo or a trailer for the game, but with…a lecture. Dane Munro, an expert on the artistic depiction of death through the ages got on stage to show us the evolution of this dark topic over centuries. With context gained, THQ darkened the room and moved on to the most recent and exciting version of Death yet.

Things kick off with Death entering a lava-filled cave, where he’s immediately confronted by Ghorn, a rock golem who threatens to smash the nimble protagonist. Ghorn smashes the ground in front of Death, crumbling the bridge he was standing on. Death tumbles to a lower level where he runs into a traversal challenge.

Unlike the previous game’s protagonist, War, Death is agile and able to climb walls in graceful, Prince of Persia-style strides. Upon entering a narrow vertical area, Ghorn smashes on the ground from up above, causing lava to rise. In this timed challenge, Death must scale up the wall before he is burned alive.

He begins with a wall-run and latches onto a groove. Sliding to the right, he tosses himself across a gap to another groove, then launches himself up to catch one above him. At certain points, Death is able to latch onto hooks that are sticking out of the wall with his ghost hand ability. A well-placed button press after grabbing on sends him flying even higher than normal.

Past the rising lava, Death runs into a few enemies, a mix of smaller rock golems and demonic creatures that look similar to the bad guys War fought in the first game. As with his movement, Death’s combat is also faster than War’s. He wields two scythes, and at the end of combos they will often come together as one giant blade to smash down at a foe. Death can also swap to his secondary weapon on the fly – even mid-combo. In this case, he’s using a gigantic hammer that does huge damage but moves very slowly.

Rounding out the combat with a couple of spells, Death uses exhumes, which summons two coffins up from the ground. The coffins then burst open, producing tiny zombie minions that fight on his side for a bit. He also has a spell called Murder that summons a big group of crows to flock toward an enemy. The crows do a small amount of damage but mostly serve as crowd control, distracting opponents so you can focus in on one. At one point, Death even uses his ghost hand in combat, whipping it toward an enemy and then pulling the creature back at him.

After clearing away this group of enemies, Death stumbles upon a ridable construct, a giant stone creation that springs to life when he jumps on its shoulders. Death uses the construct to cross a pit of lava that would kill him normally. On the other side, he attacks a few smaller enemies with giant swipes and smashes one of the construct’s rocky fists.

At the end of this cave, Death discovers a circular indentation in the ground where he parks the ridable construct. This opens a gate leading to a final face-off against Ghorn, the rock creature that has been causing him trouble throughout this area. This enemy is probably double Death’s size, but THQ cautions that he is still merely a mini-boss as far as this game is concerned. Actual bosses will be much larger.

The battle against Ghorn features a familiar number of attacks with obvious tells helping Death figure out what to do. At one point, Ghorn glows red and begins shaking, a sign that he’s about to perform a big area-effect attack. Death has a few seconds to back off and avoid taking damage. Another attack has Ghorn relentlessly slamming at the ground, sending bursts of lava into the air that Death must dodge. When half of Ghorn’s health is drained, he summons smaller golems to fight alongside him.

After a fun-looking five minute battle, Death drains the last bit of Ghorn’s health, setting the mini-boss up for a finishing move. Death summons his Reaper form – a giant, spectral hooded figure – and brutally hacks at the enemy with a huge scythe.

This whole area looked great, but THQ had one last surprise to share upon the demo’s completion. The whole fifteen or twenty minutes I just watched? It was a completely optional side dungeon, an exciting addition to Darksiders II that should significantly beef up the amount of content in the game. Call me crazy, but I can’t wait to see Death again.

For a more in-depth look at Darksiders II, including exclusive information about the game’s skill system and puzzles, check out my feature in the upcoming March issue of Game Informer.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/darks ... rs-ii.aspx

PS3 Slim 320GB R3 (Oct 19,2010)
PS3 Super Slim 500GB R3 (Nov 7, 2013)
PS4 Slim 500GB R3 (Dec, 2017)
hanikuh18
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: hanikuh18

:2thumbs: :agree:
PSN US: hanikuh101805
PSN SG: hanikuh18
hani is Playing: BFBC2, MOH, 2K11, GT5
hani will buy : DAO:UE, FNC, DA2, Socom 4
proud member of [RP] Sandatahang Lakas ng Pilipinas sign of Filipino brotherhood at its best!