The Official PS3 HDD Thread

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
NinjaLooter
- Kick this player?

gizmoholic wrote:anybody tried upgrading your stock ps3 HDD with Seagate 1TB Hybrid Drive ST1000LM014?
I got the exact model in my PS3. It works great! Loading times have shown significant improvements though it does take some time to let the HDD know what games are often being loaded.
:bigmouth:
chiongki
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: chilly_62

good evening po mga sir, i just upgraded my 120gb ps3 to a 500gb one, i backed up my data and trphies properly and replaced the hdd properly but when i restored my data my profile seem to have changed from an R3 to an R1. i registered it sa US pero when i access ps store i pay in hk dollars bakit ganoon? ngayon hindi ko na maaccess mga saves ko pati trophies ko wala na din. thank you sa mga makakasagot at makakatulong kung may solution pa. isa pa need pa ba na dapat 4.65 din TEXT SPEAK VIOLATION old hdd ko?kasi hindi ako sure kung latest firmware yun..
ferdz_33
Cosmic Race
Cosmic Race
PSN ID: fRaNcZ_

^^how in the world were you able to pay HK dollars in a US account? AFAIK, it's not even possible to pay in other currency as you need to have a US bank account to add funds to a US PSN account (or use a US PSN card)

you also need to update your firmware to the latest one as you will not be able to connect to PSN / PS Store if you have not updated your console. also, make sure that you login to all your accounts. i'm thinking that you may have a HKG and a US account and you just thought that you are using one and the same
PSN ID: fRaNcZ_
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (EU): CECH-2004B - 250gb upgraded to 500gb
Sony PlayStation 4 (EU): CECH-1004A - 500gb
Sony PlayStation Vita (US): PCH-1101 - with 64gb MMC
Sony PlayStation Vita (EU): PCH-1104 - with 16gb MMC (plus 1 x 16gb)
chiongki
PlayStation
PlayStation
PSN ID: chilly_62

ferdz_33 wrote:^^how in the world were you able to pay HK dollars in a US account? AFAIK, it's not even possible to pay in other currency as you need to have a US bank account to add funds to a US PSN account (or use a US PSN card)

you also need to update your firmware to the latest one as you will not be able to connect to PSN / PS Store if you have not updated your console. also, make sure that you login to all your accounts. i'm thinking that you may have a HKG and a US account and you just thought that you are using one and the same
sorry hk psn card po pala. i only use my main account and never changed it to any account when downloading games because that's where i load my hk psn card. as for the update of firmware it means i can no longer get or sync my trophies because i have to different firmware old hdd is 4.6 and new hdd is 4.65?