Resident Evil Revelations 2

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Easy as 123 wrote:Pumapangit lahat ng bida nila parang si Jill Valentine mas maganda sya sa RE3

Dapat reboot na lang tong game sobrang pangit na kasi ng story
Resident Evil never really had a story that you could take seriously. It always had a B-movie feel to it, and I'm fine with that. I think part of Resident Evil's charm is its ridiculousness and campy writing/voice acting.
Easy as 123
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: depyuz1

imho RE1 to RE3 maganda story
atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

pangit talaga nung design ni claire dito :lol:
z3kEn
Momento Mori
PSN ID: z3Aya

Gameplay Trailer - TGS 2014
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano

laging nakukulong si claire
PSN ID: Bobo-Bambano (US), Hunghunk (Asian SG), imajackiechanfan (Asian HK)
Easy as 123
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Sa nakita ko sa gameplay parang ganun pa rin.. Walang inovation same old gameplay.. Fan pa naman ako ng RE series noon.. /sigh
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Easy as 123 wrote:Sa nakita ko sa gameplay parang ganun pa rin.. Walang inovation same old gameplay.. Fan pa naman ako ng RE series noon.. /sigh
Out of curiosity, what kind of innovation do you want? I think a return to its roots is what RE needs to be honest. What I'm getting here is that they want this RE game to be more horror than action horror. RE 6 went away from classical RE, too much (and although we already saw this in RE 5, RE 6 was just a different level). Kung fan ka ng RE noon, then this is a good thing, well at least for me it is anyway.

I didn't like RE 6, at all. I gave it a shot, but I just couldn't get myself to finish it. This seems more up my alley.

Also, I don't think every game needs to innovate. Too many times people give games flack for not having 'innovative' gameplay, sometimes you just have to make sure you do things right. As an example, the Last of Us didn't necessarily innovate, but that had some of the cleanest and best gameplay that I've experienced recently. It knew what it was, and made sure that all the mechanics came together and it made for a very good experience.
Easy as 123
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

Imo parang hindi naman horror mala action pa rin ang dating. Ang hinahanap ko na RE yung pagiging survival horror nito kagaya ng RE1 to RE3. Same athmoshpere na may gameplay ng RE4. Sa nakikita ko kasi walang horror dito.

For me sa Last of Us kung sinasabi mo walang inovation for me meron tignan mo tong youtube gameplay I know hindi ganyan talaga sa game pero may mga pagkakataon magagawa mo yan sa game which is awsome :2thumbs: .
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ i've played through last of us multiple times, and there's nothing really innovative about the gameplay. They just do everything well and the ai is excellent. That e3 demo doesn't scream innovation either, and like i said there's nothing wrong with that.

But you didn't really answer the question on what innovations you want to see, in fact you contradicted yourself by saying you want the gameplay to become more like RE 1-3 in terms of being survival horror. Going back to its roots is the opposite of innovation.

And that's exactly what this team is trying to do, trying to emphasize survival horror, and going back to its roots. Hopefully they stay true to this and pull it off. Here's an excerpt from an interview with one of the producers which gives me confidence that the game is headed in a direction that i prefer (hopefully you take it as a good sign din :) )
Concerning the game’s slogan “evil is watching”, the producers reveal that there’s a third person (as expected) monitoring Claire and Moira using cameras set up all around the island. We will also be getting a more traditional horror experience with this game, where the focus isn’t on shooting all the time. Players will even start the game without any weapons at all. And speaking about the game’s new Afflicted enemies, the producers state that more information on them will be coming soon.
I am not sure i agree with you regarding the horror atmosphere, because based on what's been put out there they nailed the atmosphere.
sinkhole12
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Parang 999/Virtues Last Reward na may Zombies. Parehong may bracelet. Since yung sa trailer may kulay yung doors same sa bracelet, I'm guessing you use the bracelet to open the doors? :P
Buying: 3DS GAMES>> http://www.pinoyps.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=52386
Selling/Trading: None
Mitups: Pque, Las Piñas, Alabang, Mckinley Hill
09054982633/09198021610
z3kEn
Momento Mori

ron_bato wrote:^ i've played through last of us multiple times, and there's nothing really innovative about the gameplay. They just do everything well and the ai is excellent. That e3 demo doesn't scream innovation either, and like i said there's nothing wrong with that.

But you didn't really answer the question on what innovations you want to see, in fact you contradicted yourself by saying you want the gameplay to become more like RE 1-3 in terms of being survival horror. Going back to its roots is the opposite of innovation.

And that's exactly what this team is trying to do, trying to emphasize survival horror, and going back to its roots. Hopefully they stay true to this and pull it off. Here's an excerpt from an interview with one of the producers which gives me confidence that the game is headed in a direction that i prefer (hopefully you take it as a good sign din :) )
Concerning the game’s slogan “evil is watching”, the producers reveal that there’s a third person (as expected) monitoring Claire and Moira using cameras set up all around the island. We will also be getting a more traditional horror experience with this game, where the focus isn’t on shooting all the time. Players will even start the game without any weapons at all. And speaking about the game’s new Afflicted enemies, the producers state that more information on them will be coming soon.
I am not sure i agree with you regarding the horror atmosphere, because based on what's been put out there they nailed the atmosphere.
@ron_bato
first how can you say na hindi innovative ang gameplay ng The Last of Us, magiging isa ba ito sa mga one of the Wonder games of 2013 kung innovative gameplay system? (Game of the year) ahem ..

@ Easy as 123
ano bang hanap mo sa RE Game? yung old school with some pure Horror style or yung mala RE4 or RE5 na mala action oriented kind of gameplay?
kung sinasabi mong same gameplay pa rin ng tulad sa RE REvelations 1, siguro agree pa ako..
personally hindi ko na na-enjoy ang RE Revelations 1 in terms of gameplay..
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

z3kEn wrote: @ron_bato
first how can you say na hindi innovative ang gameplay ng The Last of Us, magiging isa ba ito sa mga one of the Wonder games of 2013 kung innovative gameplay system? (Game of the year) ahem ..
It was my game of the year for 2013, if you've seen my posts in the last of us threads you know why I thought it was so great. However, I will say that it was hardly innovative.

Please, enlighten me as to why you think it's so innovative. In my opinion, being innovative is not grounds to be considered game of the year. The Last of Us happens to do everything very well, including mixing gameplay and story in a cohesive package. It doesn't need to innovate, if it does both things (story and gameplay execution) very well.

It's a cover based, third person stealth/survival/action game, with shooting elements, good melee combat, and crafting. It has a good partner AI, and good enemy AI (in fact some of the most dynamic AI I've every seen). Which one of those systems did the last of us innovate on? The Last of Us didn't reinvent the genre,it didn't do anything revolutionary, it didn't innovate on anything save for some fine tuning of established mechanics in the genre (the use of soft-cover being an example). It just did everything exceptionally well, and pulled off everything it set out to do more than any other game last year, or in the past few years in my opinion. It is one of the most fun and most stressful games I've ever experienced, and combined with an excellent story with deep characters, a great story, and great writing and acting. It nailed everything very well, and if you manage to do all that, you don't need to do anything revolutionary or innovative.

My point is not all games need to be innovative. My complaints regarding games that don't change are games that are annualized and I personally suffer from fatigue from over-exposure. I didn't come in here to sh*t on the last of us (just look at my avatar :lol:), I used it as an example of not necessarily needing innovation to make a case for a good game. And TLoU is the best example for that. It's the best game I've played in a while, even though all its gameplay mechanics were familiar to me.

End essay.
z3kEn
Momento Mori

ron_bato wrote:
Please, enlighten me as to why you think it's so innovative. In my opinion, being innovative is not grounds to be considered game of the year. The Last of Us happens to do everything very well, including mixing gameplay and story in a cohesive package. It doesn't need to innovate, if it does both things (story and gameplay execution) very well.

It's a cover based, third person stealth/survival/action game, with shooting elements, good melee combat, and crafting. It has a good partner AI, and good enemy AI (in fact some of the most dynamic AI I've every seen). Which one of those systems did the last of us innovate on? The Last of Us didn't reinvent the genre,it didn't do anything revolutionary, it didn't innovate on anything save for some fine tuning of established mechanics in the genre (the use of soft-cover being an example). It just did everything exceptionally well, and pulled off everything it set out to do more than any other game last year, or in the past few years in my opinion. It is one of the most fun and most stressful games I've ever experienced, and combined with an excellent story with deep characters, a great story, and great writing and acting. It nailed everything very well, and if you manage to do all that, you don't need to do anything revolutionary or innovative.
Yes sir i hear ya..
You said it everything how great the Tlou..
Pero still meron tayong different views about the games we like and i just end this debate, ot na eh :sweat:
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

^ Sure, for the record it's my favorite game on the ps3 and the ps4. :) It may not be innovative to me, but who knows, innovation might mean different things to different people. I won't take that away from anybody, cheeres. :)
Easy as 123
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!

ron_bato wrote:
Easy as 123 wrote:Sa nakita ko sa gameplay parang ganun pa rin.. Walang inovation same old gameplay.. Fan pa naman ako ng RE series noon.. /sigh
Out of curiosity, what kind of innovation do you want? I think a return to its roots is what RE needs to be honest. What I'm getting here is that they want this RE game to be more horror than action horror. RE 6 went away from classical RE, too much (and although we already saw this in RE 5, RE 6 was just a different level). Kung fan ka ng RE noon, then this is a good thing, well at least for me it is anyway.

I didn't like RE 6, at all. I gave it a shot, but I just couldn't get myself to finish it. This seems more up my alley.

Also, I don't think every game needs to innovate. Too many times people give games flack for not having 'innovative' gameplay, sometimes you just have to make sure you do things right. As an example, the Last of Us didn't necessarily innovate, but that had some of the cleanest and best gameplay that I've experienced recently. It knew what it was, and made sure that all the mechanics came together and it made for a very good experience.
Presentation from RE1 to RE3 with improve RE4 gameplay lang ang gusto ko boss. Nagkamali siguro ako sa term kong inovate ang gusto ko lang siguro is improve gameplay from RE4. :) Anyway iba iba talaga lang talaga tayo ng taste pero masyado pa maaga para ijudge natin yung game wait nalang natin yung reviews. Happy gaming guys!
z3kEn
Momento Mori

z3kEn
Momento Mori

New Gameplay Preview
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/201 ... -specials/

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Gameplay Videos Showcases Team-Based Action and Specials

Capcom has rolled out a couple of new Resident Evil: Revelations 2 gameplay videos, and they highlight some of the game’s game mechanics.

First up is a video detailing Special Actions and how they work in the the sequel.

Next, is a video where we see how two players can team up in taking down foes. In a few instances, a player distracts an enemy, while the other one goes in for a critical hit.

atabspunk
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

natawa ako sa use herb eh parang ginawang first aid spray lang
Daniel
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Shows Barry.