[OT] The Order: 1886

Let's talk about anything about video games, no matter what platform it is. What is your favorite game? Who is your favorite character? What are the recently released games? What is DLC (downloadable content)? How do I beat this boss? How do I set up my team?
ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Anyway, since darating na helldivers bukas (hooooaaah). I'm going yo be leaving the order behind until they patch in photo mode. Hope you all enjoy the game!
Seraph011
Kaizoku-o
PSN ID: Seraph01

Finally finished the game! I didn't really mind the short chapters or it being more of an interactive action movie. I enjoyed almost the entire time I was playing it...meron lang nga parang missed opportunity in terms of the story's plot twist that I wish they used more but what it has built on at least maybe for a first part is pretty solid.

I do hope the story continues, there's still a lot left hanging and I do like the characters enough to want to follow up on how the whole story wraps up for each of them.

Overall, I think buying the premium ed with all it's bonuses was money well spent for me to show support for this game and to experience what the ps4 generation can really bring.

For those who I guess are having apprehensions about buying the game, don't. It's well worth the price to experience the game and hey, if you end up not being satisfied i'm sure it's still pretty easy to resell. It's not The Last of Us in terms of polish and level of greatness but it's definitely something not to be missed if you have a ps4.
Seraph M.D.
An1mo
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: VsAssassin

ron_bato wrote:Anyway, since darating na helldivers bukas (hooooaaah). I'm going yo be leaving the order behind until they patch in photo mode. Hope you all enjoy the game!
Sorry, bro. I meant Chapters 6 and 7. They breezed through these two chapters without, you know, real gameplay. Still, I just liken them to book chapters so I don't feel as bad. Hahahaha!
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

ron_bato
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

VsAssassin wrote: Sorry, bro. I meant Chapters 6 and 7. They breezed through these two chapters without, you know, real gameplay. Still, I just liken them to book chapters so I don't feel as bad. Hahahaha!
Ah yeah, chapter 6 parang cutscene lang ata ano? Anyway, Chapter 7 is the bridge level? Medyo meh yun. The only thing i liked about that level was that you get to use the arc gun extensively. Otherwise, I didn't like it. Chapter 9, 11 and parts of 15 are good though.
VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Chapter 6 was when Sir Percival you know... (spoilers). Then chapter 7 was when the knights had an argument. Then chapter 8 starts shortly after - the arc gun bridge scenario.
Lord, give me Your heart to have great compassion; Your eyes to see with my heart; Your ears to hear with my heart; Your voice so I can proclaim Your word with boldness!

VsAssassin
Primal Rage
Primal Rage

Finally beat the game. Here are my thoughts.

Things I liked:
+The story is more than interesting
+Graphics are, dare I say, the best I've seen so far
+Fantastic atmosphere
+Voice acting and dialogues
+The weapons are weighty and feel authentic
+Engaging, but sometimes confusing, QTEs
+Promises a sequel with that kinda lukewarm ending

Things I didn't like:
-Overly restrictive and questionable gameplay elements and presentation
-Clunky cover-shoot mechanics
-Chapters lacking real gameplay
-Lycan battles

Overall, I enjoyed the game, and I am eager for the sequel - a better sequel I hope. That said, it simply doesn't have much to warrant a second playthrough, save for trophy-hunting I guess.

It's a 7/10 in my book. :agree:

Mandac8
Primal Rage
Primal Rage
PSN ID: Mandac_08

Beaten the Game 7.5/10 for me. :agree:
"Riding is my LIFE.
Anything that happens
before or after is
just Waiting."
lancerpat
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow
Captain Tsubasa J: Get in the Tomorrow
PSN ID: peachpat

1st game ko to, kasama sa ps4 bundle.. 8/10 for me.. jawdropping graphics!! sequel is a must.. good job RAD!! :2thumbs:
PSN SG: peachpat
PS4
isp: pldt
tagamaynila
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash!
PSN ID: tagamaynila

I finally got to play this game last night and did it all in one sitting. It was quite the mediocre experience to be quite honest. With all the negativity surrounding this title, my expectations were already low and yet here i am completely underwhelmed.

The Order gives you this great universe with all these crazy tech only for you to end up using conventional weapons 90% of the time. And also there's too many damn QTE's. I mostly disliked the stealth kill one because it felt really unnecessary. The story could've been something, but was ultimately dampened by the unsatisfying ending that reeks of sequel baiting. Kind of a shame since i think it was going places but then the game just told me "Enough. You're done." and promptly just ended.

On the upside, it looks really pretty and it got a photo mode update last night, plus the shooting feels good enough that i can probably play through it again. *Sigh* Back to Bloodborne, I guess.

If i had to score this game it'll be an average as all hell 5/10 only because presentation still means something to me. But man, I've never been this glad not to pay full price for a game.
There's coffee in my veins
PSN ID: tagamaynila